Milwaukee, Wis., July 14, 2015 – Business leaders David J. Drury and Marie L. O’Brien joined the Greater Milwaukee Foundation board of directors, effective July 1.
Drury is one of the founding partners of WING Capital Group, a Milwaukee-based investment firm focused on middle market industrial businesses. He previously was president and owner of Poblocki Sign Company LLC for more than 16 years.
A graduate of University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Drury currently serves on the boards of Plexus Corp. and Northwestern Mutual. His nonprofit board service includes Children’s Hospital and Health System (past chairman), Junior Achievement of Wisconsin and the Greater Milwaukee Committee.
O’Brien is the founder, president and CEO of Enterforce, Inc., a workforce management firm that specializes in planning, implementing and managing more efficient procurement processes for Fortune 1000 companies’ acquisition of contingent labor. Prior to establishing Enterforce in 2001, she co-developed Management Alliance Programs, Inc., and held the positions of vice president, director and manager.
Among numerous community commitments, O’Brien serves on the boards of Mount Mary University (Chair), Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts (past president), and Waukesha County Business Alliance. She earned her bachelor of arts at Mount Mary, where she is currently working toward her MBA. Last year she received Wisconsin Small Business Person of the Year honorable mention from the Small Business Administration and was named a Woman of Influence by the Milwaukee Business Journal.
“Our newest board members have demonstrated their commitment to making our community a better place to live, work and play,” said Foundation president and CEO Ellen M. Gilligan. “I welcome the perspectives that Marie and David will bring to our community foundation.”
Jackie Herd-Barber, a community volunteer who first joined the Foundation’s board in 2010, was reappointed to a second term, beginning July 1. Community volunteer Judy Jorgensen concluded her tenth and final year of service on the board on June 30. The board’s membership now totals 14.
For a century, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation has helped individuals, families and organizations realize their philanthropic goals and make a difference in the community, during their lifetimes and for future generations. The Foundation consists of more than 1,200 individual charitable funds, each created by donors to serve the charitable causes of their choice. The Foundation also deploys both human and financial resources to address the most critical needs of the community and ensure the vitality of the region. Established in 1915, the Foundation was one of the first community foundations in the world. Ending 2014 with more than $841 million in assets, it is also among the largest.